Thursday, May 10, 2018

Bout of Books May 2018

  Another week of reading and reading challenges is coming up with the next bout-of-books starting on May 14th. Every other time I've participated in this one, it's been the first week of classes for me, so it's not been very much of a reading week.  So this time, as I join the Bout of Books readathon, I'm looking forward to it - especially since I wanted to make May a big reading month for a long-term book project that I've had trouble making time for this year.

What is bout of books? Here's a description:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 14th and runs through Sunday, May 20th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 22 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


I've got quite a serious TBR going right now, but I'm also in a book club, so I have some lighter things on the list as well.
  For my Academic Reading Challenge, I'm reading a biography of Graham Greene and Adam Tooze's Wages of Destruction, which is also for my book project. For book-club reading, I need to read Swamplandia, which I've owned for a long time without reading.  But in more serious reading, I have a large pile of recent books about neo-Nazis, right-wing populism, and the alt-right, and how to stop them, including David Neiwert's Alt America; Matthew Lyons, Insurgent Supremacists, and Shane Burley, Fascism Today: What it is and How to End It, Since the school year just ended and all my grades are turned in, I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done in the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment