Friday, July 20, 2018

A year later - my third 24in48 Readathon TBR

It was a year ago that I did my first 24in48 readathon and now I'm back for the third time. The 24in48 is the readathon of readathons for me- because it means reading for 24 hours in two days. This time,  I'm not planning to read any books directly related to either teaching or research. Finally, instead of using the weekend to jump-start a paper, or plan the syllabus before the semester starts as I've done in the past, I'm ready to spend two days mostly reading fiction. I hope it will be a welcome relief from panicked news-reading that I've been doing all week. It won't all be escapism, however. I do hope to read Yassin Al-Haj Saleh's book about the Syrian revolution, The Impossible Revolution, which has been on my TBR pile for months.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, just visiting from the 24in48 site, and stopped to comment because you have Austerlitz on your pile ... a wonderful, wonderful book. I have The Rings of Saturn on mine. Hope you are having a good reading weekend.

    ReplyDelete