Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Bout of Books Day 2 - Update

Yesterday, I was in NYC on vacation, so most of my reading was done on the subway. I had a lot of places to go, and I got quite a bit of reading done, mostly in Quinones' Dreamland, which is just excellent. I also read a good chunk of it on the plane today.  Last night, because the b&b where we were staying only had a lamp on one side of the bed, and I neglected to bring a book light, I stayed up pretty late reading John Dean's Watergate memoir, Blind Ambition, So far, it shows him barely hesitating to help Nixon do a bunch of crazy shit to attack his political enemies.




Today's Challenge: bookish favorites. This year, I'm planning to re-read two different old favorites: A.S. Byatt's Possession which really swept me off my feet when I read it in the 1990s, and the newish translation of the Master and Margarita, which I first read for a college class in the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment