Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Bout of Books Day Two -update

 On my first day of BOB 38, I did manage to read quite a bit of the Pallbearer's Club which I'd started while in Chicago in July, but put aside because I needed to get my last bits of summer of work done and had some things to read for the two book clubs that I'm in. I've got just slightly over 100 pages to go, so I'm pretty sure I'll be done with it in the next couple of days. I'm liking it so far, though I did start to get annoyed by the writing style that Tremblay has invented for his narrator. I'm also wondering when this book will really get scary, and in what way. It's a long build-up so far. Of course I'm enjoying all the Husker Du references. This seems like a good song for the characters so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment