Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Like it says...Reading and Listening

I read a lot of books and listen to a lot of music. As one friend has teased me for doing, I have read books at live rock shows.  A couple of years ago, I started posting little notes about mixes of specific music and books, and the occasional weird circumstantial confluence between something I was listening to and something I was reading at the same time. These little bits were a hit with a handful of my friends, and one of them said I should collect them all and put them somewhere.

So, to that friend, D. here goes. I have archived my Facebook posts and will be posting the whole set here for whoever finds these amusing or interesting.

Also on this blog, I'm going to write up what I hope will be brief comments about things I'm reading and things I'm listening to.  At some point, I'll engage in a hare-brained, partially statistical analysis of my own reading tendencies, and possibly comment on trends I observe on book blogs and reading-related websites.

I will also take your requests for reading recommendations. I got a request today from a former student of mine who's always been a cool guy with good taste in books - and music.  So my first post after this one will be for that friend, let's call him MM.

If you have requests for reading recommendations and particularly for reading and music pairings, post them in the comments.  If you have book/music suggestions of your own, also post them in the comments. At some point, I will probably set this place up for guest posts from various friends, allies, guest-stars and co-conspirators.


No comments:

Post a Comment