Saturday, April 23, 2016

Reading and Listening ....Prince and Troy Davis

This blog started as a place to put all my old Facebook posts about synchronicity between music and books. . Here is a crazy one.

I was just reading the wonderful and disturbing book, I Am Troy Davis which tells the story of Davis and his family from the time of his initial arrest through his appeals and ultimate execution in 2011. While I was reading, I was listening to the Current's A-W marathon of Prince's entire catalog. Just as I got past a section where Troy's sister, Martina got into a fight with him and stormed off from the visit earl and realizes only later that, "She had been free to get up and leave, but Troy was trapped, powerless to get up and go after her" .... Prince was there on the radio, singing:

Like an innocent man that's on death row/ I don't understand what made you go/And wanna leave me, baby/Leave me in the dark/ Can you tell me, tell me?


No comments:

Post a Comment