Sunday, January 13, 2019

Bout of Books 24 Update - Day 7

This weekend my friends threw a birthday party for me at their house, and I spent much of the weekend shopping and making food for the party.

Along the way, I listened to Attica Locke's Bluebird, Bulebird. This book is pretty entertaining, and i can see her Texas ranger character become the center of a good series with a lot of emphasis of Southern Black life and racial conflict. I'm always interested in mysteries that have a bit of leftist political commentary, and this one combines that with good story-telling. It kept me company on a long drive from work as well.

I kept reading Meera Nanda, while also trying to keep track of what is happening the news. At this rate, I feel like the next book to pull from the TBR pile should be Russian Roulette by Michael Isikoff and David Corn.

Today's challenge: Stretch Goal. I had originally hoped to finish Nanda by today, so I will try, though I'm not confident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment