Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Bout of Books 23- August 20-26, 2018. Oh, All Right I'm In!


On August 20th, the 23rd Bout of Books Readathon is starting, and runs through August 26th. I'll be partially traveling, and partially teaching the first weeks of the semester, but maybe I'll find some time for reading this time. "What is bout of books?"  you ask.

In the words of the organizers:

 The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01 am Monday, August 20th and runs through Sunday, August 26th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 23 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog 


 I've now done this readathon twice, and each time, I've gotten a little more savvy about how the social media challenge aspect of how the readathon works.  My biggest problem has been spending too much time writing blog posts instead of reading. 

This time, I'll try to be short but sweet with my check-ins. Since I know I probably won't be getting a lot of serious research done during the first weeks of school, I'm going to use the challenge to do some reading for the annual academic reading challenge that I run. Well, what's that you ask? Here's our facebook group



No comments:

Post a Comment