Friday, August 18, 2017

A week's worth of reading and reader-chat

I haven't posted here in a long time. I've been reading a ton lately, and also participating a new kind of online reading challenge: the readathon. Towards the end of July I participated in the 24 in 48 readathon and barely made it to the end on time.

Next week, I'll be joining the Bout of Books, a week-long reading challenge with origins in a blog run by fans of paranormal fiction, but which I think you can participate in while reading anything you like.  Here's how the organizers describe the project :


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


It's not clear to me what the goals are for this challenge, but I'll participate by posting updates about what I'm reading next week, along with my usual music match-ups. I'll also post my responses to their social media challenges here as the week goes along.  Right now, I've just started a new semester, and I always revise my courses, so a fair portion of my "bout" is going to be reading around the edges of my own syllabuses.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I just posted my Bout of Books TBR. I don't plan to participate in the challenges but I'm excited about sharing the reading experience with you and everyone else. All the best for the readathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool. I just have my usual TBR. I'd better get organized. I was prioritizing the eclipse yesterday.

      Delete