Saturday, April 28, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Hour 12 - Mid Readathon post -

It's been kind of a strange one for me this time.  I spent a lot of time walking today, so listened to many hours of an audiobook, the Hike by Drew Magary, and am almost done. I read a little over 56 pages of the first volume of Norman Sherry's biography of Graham Greene, which is great for a readathon - Greene spent a lot of his childhood reading. Instead of going to school, he sometimes went to the bookshop, snuck home and then

would go cautiously to the croquet lawn where the summerhouse was that could be turned round so it faced away from house and school and there, sitting in a deck-chair, he would read all day, breaking only for lunch.

And then about 30 pages of Liz Fekete's new book on the European far right, Europe's Fault Lines. So to answer the questions, I have had a lot of interruptions, but they were my own. A friend was having a party, and I wanted to go, but she lives near a place where there is a large neighborhood festival so I didn't want to drive. Thus, I decided to walk there and back, using the opportunity to listen to the Hike, which I started a while back, but hadn't had time to finish.  For the second half, I'd like to finish Fekete. Her book is really sharp, and it is also quite short, but I probably will read more of the Greene bio because it's a bit more leisurely, and jump back into Mur Lafferty's Six Wakes, which I started reading late last night.

In honor of the reading & listening theme, I'm including this song from Helmet "Street Crab"  since The Hike includes a crab as a major character.  Trying not to be a spoiler.


1 comment:

  1. I took a brief walk today, but it's too chilly here. Enjoy the rest of the readathon!

    ReplyDelete