Sunday, August 26, 2018

Bout of Books 23 - Day 7

Today's Bout of Books challenge - reassess the week's goals and decide whether I can stretch them.

So far, I've read 410 pages this week, and didn't finish a single book, but instead read bits of several.

So my stretch goal is to stay up another hour or so and finish at least one.  I'm almost done with two: Butler's Dawn and Ron Beiner, Dangerous Minds: Nietzsche, Heidegger and the Return of the Far Right an essay reconsidering the influence of Nietzsche and Heidegger in contemporary philosophy in light of the rise of the alt-right.

At the moment though, I'm listening to the last chapter of the audiobook of Sharp Objects, which I had listened to when the book first came out, but which explains a lot more than the ending of the TV show.  Although I did enjoy what the show did to create a creepy Southern Gothic atmosphere,  the book was better.


and here's your music

No comments:

Post a Comment