Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Bout of Books 35 Days 1-2



 I did OK yesterday despite numerous work tasks and a few interruptions during the day. Finished one of my many in-progress pleasure reads by finishing volume 1 of the Sandman comic. I'm reading that for the second time since I'm watching the TV series. It's been more than 10 years since I read it the first time, and it definitely held up. It's always interesting to see how an adaptation differs from the original.

  I also finally made it past the preface in Stanislaw Lem's His Master's Voice and am on p.75 as of this morning. I need to read another 50 or so pages today if I want to finish the book in time for tomorrow's book club. I read a little bit of Lisa Unger's Confessions on the 7:45 last night before falling asleep, at least enough to learn about another character's sordid past.

Today's plan includes a lot of course prep, but hopefully I'll have some time to do other reading or at least listen to an audiobook for a while. 

For today's reading & listening theme, in honor of finally finishing something, and despite being really obvious, it's still good. I also just noticed that funny line about cutest boy having "wavy hair like Liberace." 





No comments:

Post a Comment