Thursday, August 18, 2022

Bout of Books Update - Days 3 and 4

So far, I'm doing OK in my goal of finishing some of the many books I'd started and stopped. 

Wednesday I did finish Stanislaw Lem's His Master's Voice which I thought was just excellent! We didn't have that much of a discussion of it in book-club, but it's such a fascinating and prescient commentary on so many different things. It's an interesting commentary on the Cold War, on the nature of science, on how language works, on relationships between different disciplines, even on human beings in general. The ending is also just really cool.  

During my walk yesterday, I listened to a bit of Alifair Burke's If You Were Here, which continues to be fine, if not gripping enough to get me to find more time to listen. 

This morning, I got back into Grady Hendrix's Final Girls' Support Group which I still like, and hope I can finish before the weekend. I have about 100 pages of that left, and since the first 100 pages when pretty fast, I'm guessing I'll be able to finish it soon.

I had a bunch of meetings and other work to do today, so I'm glad I was able to make some time for reading this morning. I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll have some time to read more of my work-related books before I go into a weekend of reading fiction to celebrate this readathon. 

In honor of reading unfinished books, here's some Massive Attack "You're a book that I have opened/and now I've got to know much more" 




No comments:

Post a Comment